"Mobile first" is no longer good enough.
There is a major shift occurring in the web development community, where web applications are no longer being built to cater to human interaction, but now must adapt to be able to handle multiple interfaces for machines and humans alike. This new requirement has placed a dramatic emphasis on API interfaces as well as created a new mandate for web applications to function as complete applications liberated from the servers which they used to reside on. This “serverless” architecture is rapidly taking hold within the software development community and it is important to understand why it matters.
In this presentation, Travis Tidwell, will walk you through the evolution of the web and how we got to where we are today. We will deep dive into the architectures of current technology stacks and discuss why they must adapt to handle the next generation of the web. The following items will be discussed.
- The evolution of the web and where we are today.
- Serverless application architecture and what it means to developers
- Why "Mobile First" is no longer good enough.
- API first development
- Multi-service applications on top of Micro-service architectures.
- The rise of Angular, React, Vue, and the M.E.A.N stack, and other technologies that support this movement.